Human rights do not occur on their own. They include rights and responsibilities and determine how human beings live in society. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights says "Everyone has duties to the community in which alone the free and full development of [their] personality is possible."
Understand human rights and responsibilities that belong to you, to others and to the government.
- Know your own human rights
- Identify your responsibilities to ensure others' human rights are enjoyed
- Recognize the
role of the Government to protect and promote human rights
- Time: 60 mins
- Sound and Video: BOTH
- Completion: Finish all exercises and review all content. Limited attempts. Feedback is provided.
- Recommended prior learning: Introduction to Human Rights
- Recommended post learning: The Treaty of Waitangi 1840