1: Introduction to Human Rights | Timatatanga
This module introduces you to human rights, how they have developed over
time, and how they relate to your life and the lives of others.
Human rights are the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world. In order for us to be able to contribute to a free, just and peaceful society, we need to know what human rights are and why they are important.
Get to know human rights, how they have developed over time, and how they relate to your life and the lives of others.
- Understand how human rights are defined
- Know some of the significant human rights events in New Zealand
- Relate human rights to your own lives
- Relate human rights to the lives of others
- Time: 45 mins
- Sound and Video: BOTH
- Completion: Finish all exercises and review all content. Limited attempts. Feedback is provided.
- Recommended prior learning: N/A
- Recommended post learning: 2. Rights and Responsibilities - Ngā Tika me ngā Kawenga.