This module introduces concepts of identity and belonging to foster an inclusive view of the Treaty of Waitangi as belonging to and being relevant to all New Zealanders, and to deepen understanding of the human rights dimensions of the Treaty.
Human rights are the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world. In order for us to be able to contribute to a free, just and peaceful society, we need to know what human rights are and why they are important.
- Explain what tūrangawaewae is about
- Identify rights and responsibilities inherent in tūrangawaewae
- Relate tūrangawaewae to your own life
- Time: 35 mins
- Sound and Video: BOTH
- Completion: Finish all exercises and review all content. Limited attempts. Feedback is provided
- Recommended prior learning: N/A
- Recommended post learning: 1. Recommended prior learning: Introduction to Human Rights - Timatatanga Tika Tangata